Connect With Us
The Friends of Island Beach State Park is an active support group for the park and we are always looking for new talent and fresh ideas. The group was started in 1996 to help in securing funding and to support the growth of interpretive programs at the park. The Friends also work to enhance the educational, recreational, and research programs, and events in the park. The Friends encourage protection of the ecosystem and promotes stewardship of the park. We help to make any visit to this unique, natural wonder an experience park visitors will remember.
We encourage all individuals who share our goals to show their support by becoming a member. Print the application and mail it along with membership dues to: Friends of Island Beach State Park, PO Box 406, Seaside Park, NJ 08752.
As a member you may join us for:
- Beach Grass Planting–Supervise children’s clubs and adult groups as they plant in early spring
- Visitor Guide–Solicit advertisements from local business to pay for publishing, write articles, help distribute the 30,000 copies published by FOIBSP
- Enjoy annual spring picnic
- Local festivals–staff a table display to introduce our organization to the public
- Ocean beach and bay shore clean-up
- Beach Plum Festival–Plan and staff the September event; pizza party to follow
- Biannual meetings
- Prepare grant proposal to fund projects
- Assist park naturalist on tours in the park